***In Stock at Lamiglas Factory. Not available online due to shipping restrictions. Available through your local Lamiglas dealer today!
John Skinner has long used a cut-down version of a popular Lamiglas blank to craft his favorite action rod. Now – Lamiglas has built a USA Made production model that is optimized for fishing live bait, plugs and pencil poppers.
Line Wt. | 14-30lb
Lure Wt. | 1-3 oz
Length | 9’2 (1 piece)
“I use this rod for a high percentage of my surfcasting because it handles a lot of different situations extremely well. You can throw 3/4-ounce bucktails and swimming plugs with it and it allows small to medium bass to give a good account of themselves.”
“However, the sweet spot is probably 2-3 ounces, where it’s a superb pencil popping rod. It’s also great with bottle and darter plugs. I actually built it originally as a live and rigged eel rod for slightly heavier payloads and large (20-40#+) bass. The rod does an amazing job of whipping big fish.”
“You can get a lot of leverage on big fish with it. The guide selection and layout results in a lightweight rod with a lot of power that you can cast for hours without fatigue.”
John Skinner GSB Surf Rod Key Features:
- Custom cork tape style handle
- One Piece rod for maximum performance
- Double Locking Fuji Deluxe DNPSSD Reel Seat
- Fuji Alconite guides laid out to John Skinner's specifications
- Rubber Fuji butt cap for blank protection
- Stealth Black thread wraps with silver inlays and logos
- Moderate action and incredibly durable graphite for unmatched performance around rocks and jetties
- Two coats of slow cure Flex Coat finish on guides and labels
- Carefully Handcrafted in the USA from start to finish
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Due to Shipping Constraints, 1-Piece GSB's are only offered through Dealer Retail Store Locations. These items will show out of stock on our website, but will be available through your local retailer.